Wednesday, December 29, 2004

A Christmas Story

I suffered through the worst travel experience ever over the X-mas break. Our flight leg from Cleveland to Madison was cancelled at 4:30pm on X-mas eve, leaving us stranded at the airport along with thousands of other. We had been waiting in airports since 5:30 am in the morning. It was a nightmare. We didn't arrive in Platteville until 1:00pm the next day, after more than 36 hours of travel. I must also say Continental's customer service sucked.

On the upside, it was fantastic to see Grandma Betty and Uncle Richard. Going to the farm is always so relaxing and there are so many memories there of swimming in the pond, playing in the fort we built under the ramp up to the big barn, playing in Grandma's upstairs living room, and eating her Creme de Menthe cookies. I got a guitar from my parents which is awesome and I can't wait to really start practicing and get good. The downside is I have been having trouble sleeping and I have lots of anxiety associated with that. Aggghh. All in all, it was a great X-mas because I was with family. Now it's back to work. I feel a fresh sense of renewal lately.
I'll lose this 10 pounds that hasn't budged since Faith was born!
I'll start my own business and be my own boss!
I'll become a great guitar player and join a band!
I'll get rid of insomnia!

Anything is possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home